2009年9月23日星期三

All About Noise

Welcome to my sound art blog! From now on, I will share with you something about sound and I will talk about the latest development of Listen.HK.

Typhoon Koppu strikes Hong Kong last week. In the sense of recording technology, if we use a wind shield for microphones, nearly no noise can be recorded and we just can record silence. However, I find that when strong wind strikes directly to doors, through the friction between door and air, noise will be developed.

According to the discussion last week about the noise as unwanted sound, loud sound and disturbance in communication, I have recorded the sound when Koppu strikes directly to the doors of the concourse located where I live. You may say they are noise as it really disturbs the security guard for the whole night. But there is still different rhythm and pitch found. I can tell this could also treat as a piece of sound.

If I record them in stereo, it will be more interesting!

Let's enjoy!

WARNING: As the sounds are really loud when recording, it is recommended to turn down the volume while listening. Also, please don't listen continuously. Otherwise, they will harm your ears!

All of them are recorded on 14/9/2009








沒有留言:

發佈留言