2009年10月6日星期二

Silence

I am so impressed by John Cage's project on silence. His work 4'33" makes me thinking a lot, especially one question: is there really any absolute silence?

I should say NO! Otherwise, I should say the piece is recorded by a not working recorder. It is because the air sound and some unwanted sound will still in a work. So, absolute silence can just happened in a vacuum. Silence can just consider as something that is trying to stop and not to make sound.

I have done a similar performance at Tsim Sha Tsui. And I think silence can be a way to be concentrated ourselves to hear what's happening around and can be a source of our work. Let's take a look / listen (i.e. appreciate by closing your eyes after you have clicked play) in order to to feel how noisy the weekend TST is.


沒有留言:

發佈留言