2009年11月20日星期五

Going Home (or Not)

I don't know much about sound artists in the past as there isn't too much activities or concern group on soundscape (but when I was doing my Intermedia Project, there is suddenly a growing number of festivals and events on soundscape).

Once Cedric introduces me about Anson Mak as I have such a great interest in soundscape recording and I immediately be interested in what she is doing. Anson previously was a film maker, musician and of course artist. She was a AMK members playing experimental and rock music. Cedric told me that she is now doing something similar but not quite similar as mine at Kwun Tong. What Cedric mentioned is about the soundscape and culture research of Kwun Tong.

An album called Going Home (or Not) was released and is full of sound of Kwun Tong. She does this and a website is to show the uniqueness of Kwun Tong and a need to preserve. I buy this album and listen it in an in-depth approach.

After listening, I find that she has chosen some representative events and spots to record. And the whole picture is showing that Kwun Tong is a society full of warmth and special. This would let me ask a question: why Kwun Tong should be redeveloped by demolishing everything?

One track impressed me a lot. It is Chiu Chow Music Remix. Chiu Chow traditional music makes us feel old-fashioned. After a crazy mix of what Anson has recorded, it becomes more trendy and modern. Chiu Chow music can be hip and pop!

http://www.re-records.com/discography/re-on-002r/

沒有留言:

發佈留言