2009年11月13日星期五

Listen.HK

In my second entry, I mentioned that I started my interest in one of my project as it was a success that people accept my work. As Hong Kong is a place that have various and unique features of each district, so I decided to make a soundscape work in my Associate Degree FYP (i.e. Intermedia Project).

At that moment, I just thought that there seems no one uses the medium of audio to record the soundscape of Hong Kong. And I think each district must have difference. Thus, I do the project of Listen.HK to preserve our Hong Kong's unique sounds.

At that time, Charles is my supervisor. He asked me that what is special? What are the methods to distinct each district from each other? So, I pick some public transport announcements, some tourist and crowd spots to record. I mix them together in a geographical way as a music piece to be released on the internet.

But after I attend the lesson on soundscape which is the one I expect most recently, I find that it is not at all a soundscape work. I just treat them as sound object and put them together. It seems that too macro and they are finally mixed to mono. The feeling of a soundscape is not so strong. It is more like a collage of several soundmarks.

As I have said in the making of, I would like it to be continued. I hope in the following stage, I could find more specific topics to include in the recordings. And also, I will look in a much more detailed way of the soundscape. In addition, it is important to make them and the future recordings back to stereo.

I hope this work can be enhanced and more meaningful to Hong Kong.

http://listenhk.spu08.coms.hk

沒有留言:

發佈留言